The Coming Ban on Cars
which Cause More Deaths than Guns!!!
Isn't it logical that the fewer guns, the fewer gun-related deaths? Apparently NOT!
Barbara Kay of the National Post Wednesday, August 1 pointed out several discrepancies with that statement in her article, "Turning Legal Gun Owners into Social Lepers".
We LOVE our myths, don't we? It is sooo much fun believing in pet theories disregarding all evidence to the contrary.
This piece was prompted by the leftist elites running the University of Toronto, who closed down the 88-year old shooting range. As she points out, there is no word yet on the fate of the university's chemistry lab.
So what did Barbara discover in her research?
- Unlike the U.S., Canada has little in the way of criminal gun culture
- 35, 000 Canadians have purchased $5-million liability insurance policies from the NFA [National Firearms Association, which cover their gun-related activities all over North America
- Annual premium for the above is ONLY $7.95
- Why so low???
- NFA president Dave Tomlinson virtually NEVER receives claims!!!
- If only my car insurance was so low for $5 million!
- I am going to start an organization to BAN ALL CARS since they cause 1000's of needless deaths every year. What a waste of human life! After all, my car insurance is about as close to $7.95 as the Earth is to Pluto!!!
- In spousal or partner killings, guns are culprits in only about 25 cases per year in a country of over 30 million people!!!
- The famous Liberal Firearms Act HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GUN CRIME since general gun-related crime was at a low ebb when it was introduced. Sounds like a grand politically-correct gesture!
- After all, have you ever seen a gun pick itself up and get another gun to shoot at someone? No? So perhaps it is humans that need banning, since they are virtually responsible for over 99% of all gun crimes! [Less than 1% are caused by gun-toting poodles, felines and parakeets.
- Apparently what Canada's gun laws do is to make gun collectors into criminals by inuendo
- For example, Jeremy Swanson, a knowledgeable South African-born amateur war historian and ballistics expert, who worked as a civil servant for the war museum passed all the rigorous background checks and was named the museum's top employee in 1997
- He never broke a law in his life
- Passed the Canadian Firearms Safety Test in 1999 with a 98% score
- His wife never alleged domestic or child abuse through their bitter divorce.
- His collection was safety trigger-locked in a firearm safe with ammunition stored separately.
- His wife now separated called the police to take the collection, mainly four antique rifles, two non-firing BB guns [falsely recorded as rifles], a toy luger replica [falsely recorded as real], and some joke paperweight dummy grenades.
- This collection was ominously labelled by police as a "mini-arsenal" and taken for "safekeeping"
- Swanson was NEVER informed of the seizure finding out 6 months later by chance
- He has NEVER been interviewed by police, or arrested for any crime, nor has the past or present Ottawa police chief EVER RESPONDED to his pleas for a meeting
- He has endured several summons to criminal court which came to nothing
- He has been treated like a criminal for 6 years, a social leper, on the basis of NOTHING!
- The recently published book, "MISTAKES WERE MADE: WHY WE JUSTIFY FOOLISH BELIEFS, BAD DECISIONS, and HURTFUL ACTS by social pyschologists, Carol Tavris, and Elliot Aronson argue that many social and cultural problems spring from the humans' inability to admit when they're wrong.
- Jeremy is STILL WAITING for his chance to defend himself with NO COOPERATION FROM THE POLICE.
- I am certainly NOT a right-wing militiaman but one wonders less why some fringe individuals have a problem with trusting any government at all!
- Meanwhile I am awaiting the announcement banning all vehicles until further notice, hopefully not 6 INNOCENT YEARS!