I stumbled across your site while searching for an invoicing program.
I cannot believe the stance you take on various issues. Typically stereotyped liberal leftist, unfortunately.
Did not read everything, so I may be wrong but I read enough to know that you have opinions on many topics and facts on few.
I am not Jewish but your bit on Israel is so opposite to the truth where in 2008 anti-Jewish sentiment reigns so supreme in Canada that Sid Ryan, Lemelin from CUPW are all about boycotting Israel because they are the big ugly meanies.
I see you bought into this too and all the fantasies about who 9/11 was caused by.
You must be intelligent or you could not create what you have. Unfortunately, you seem as blind to the truth as you think many of the groups that you criticize are.
So here is an effort that may prove futile but it is always worthwhile to tell the truth.
- Israel is the only country that has ever had a government in Israel or Palestine. There never was a Palestinian Palestine. The word was invented I believe by the British when they governed the area. [See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine]
- Arabs, Muslims who live in Israel have the same rights and benefits as Israelis. So why did some leave? They were not driven out. It was their choice to leave. Some stayed and have enjoyed the privilege of living in the ONLY democratic country in the Middle East. [Do you know the laws of salvage on the sea? If you leave your ship, a salvage operator can claim it and tow it wherever he wants and sell it or the parts.]
- There have been many 'owners' of Israel as you can see from the wiki. So 'giving back' would mean finding the original owners, NOT THE LAST 'owners', possibly Canaanites and giving their property back to them. But is that the way the world works? NO! It is recognized that what is taken in war belongs to the victors. Ancient history. Current reality. Only if a country wishes, of course, it may give back, but not a requirement. Or all over the world, we would all have to do likewise. If you live in Canada, I would say, you had better leave because some group of First Nations [perhaps some of my relatives] owned your land at one time. HAVE YOU LEFT YET? Surely you see the silliness of the 'giving back' idea.
- Why did the 600 million Arab brothers not take in their voluntary refugees who left when the state of Israel was declared? Look at how much land they have. Israel is the size of New Jersey for goodness sakes! And now the only true nation the Jews have ever owned and lived in is supposed to be given up??? Isn't that slightly in the realm of the preposterous?
- What country other than Israel has ever given back land they gained in war. Well if you know of any, pray tell. The state of Israel has abided by the terms of all supposed 'peace treaties' . In return for giving up land, they were to obtain peaceful neighbours. Did they get that? NEVER! The Palestinians NEVER have lived up to their agreements but you defend them. What kind of sense of right and wrong would defend a people who lie to further their own ends and never abide by the peace treaties that they signed with Israel? And yet you defend them. I am sure many Palestinians would rather have peace but they elected the terrrorist Hamas organization to be their government. What does that say about their judgement? I didn't look hard when I saw you were anti-Jewish, but some of the pictures I saw of poor defenseless children mangled by war were caused by the cowardly way HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH fight. They put their guns in residences and near hospitals, hoping to save their loss but care NOTHING about the lives of their brother Arabs that will inevitably be killed in the struggle. Did you include that?
- What would you do if 1000's of rockets were shot into your home? Would you say, "I must have deserved it! Okay I will give up my home?" HAVE YOU LEFT CANADA YET? My First Nations brothers have a claim on YOUR land!
- I must apologize for all the Jewish suicide bombers ..... Let me count ... hmmm can't remember any!
- I must apologize for the IDF defending their homeland. They should just stand still and be blown to bits. I am sure that is what you would do. Would you not?
- Have you ever heard of Pallywood? Do a search on YouTube or just through Google and if your mind is open at all you may start to learn the 'rest of the story'
- The ideas you agree with are your opinions. But do you believe they are fact? When you shoot down Christianity for example, what you actually do is claim that YOU know more than all the millions of minds through the ages who have picked Christianity as their religion. So ARE YOU SMARTER THAN ALL OF THEM? If you think you are ... What per cent of the world's knowledge do you have? Is it less than 10%? Less than 5%? And would you even be humble enough to declare that you have less than 1% of the knowledge that exists in the world?
- If you have agreed to my last statement, there is some hope for you. Reality is hard for alchoholics, wife-beaters, and those that know better than EVERYONE ELSE, I guess there is hope for both of us if we can admit we have less than 1% of the total knowledge, right?
- Then what kind of mark would your teacher have given you with less than 1% of the world's knowledge? Would it be high? Or low? So therefore unless you are a supreme being, you have just failed the world knowledge test with only 1% score. So perhaps in the other 99%, there is truth that you are ignorant of. Is that not possible? Perhaps 99% of the truth exists in that domain. In the domain you have NO knowledge of, just opinions and ideas.
- Of course, if you assume you have GREATER KNOWLEDGE THAN ALL THE CHRISTIANS who exist and who have ever existed, then you have declared yourself the SUPREME BEING. You have declared yourself God. Personally I wouldn't go around bragging about it though.
So I hope your mind is open, open to other ideas, not just your own. We all have a right to our beliefs and opinions. They belong to us. But when they are spewed out as fact, they do damage and they reflect on your intelligence. Only the truth can set you free as a famous man once said.
Wishing you a happy life in truth.