Barack Obama, Nation of Islam and Black Liberation Theology
March 20th, 2008
On December 4, 1963 Black Muslim Minister Malcom X delivered a speech titled “God’s Judgment of White America”. This speech more famously become known as “The Chickens Come Home to Roost” speech because of an answer Malcom X gave in response to a question following the speech. The question posed to Malcom was about the late President John Kennedy who had been assassinated less than two weeks prior. Malcom responded that “the Presidents death was a case of ‘chickens coming home to roost’ - that the violence that Kennedy had failed to stop had come back to him, this resulted in the Elijah Muhammad [Nation of Islam leader] silencing him.” He added that “Chickens coming home to roost never made me sad. It only made me glad.”
The Reverend Jeremiah Wright certainly had Malcom’s words in his head on September 16, 2001 - 5 days after 3,000 Americans were slaughtered on 9-11 - when he made the following statement…“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.”
Three months after Malcom X delivered the aforementioned speech he left “the Nation of Islam” and converted to Orthodox Islam. He publicly announced his break from the Nation of Islam (NOI) on March 8, 1964. According to Wikipedia, It was alleged that orders were given by leaders of the Nation of Islam to “destroy” Malcolm; in The Autobiography of Malcolm X, he says that as early as 1963, a member of the Seventh Temple confessed to him having received orders from the Nation of Islam to kill him. On February 21, 1965 in Manhattan’s Audubon Ballroom, Malcolm X was assassinated by a group of “Nation of Islam” members. Five days later Elijah Muhammad [Nation of Islam leader] told the annual Savior’s Day convention that “Malcom X got just what he preached.”
Malcom X did get just what he preached! See another excerpt from Malcom’s 1963 “Chickens Come Home to Roost” speech (before he left NOI)…
“White America is doomed! God has declared that The Honorable Elijah Muhammad is your only means of escape. When you reject The Honorable Elijah Muhammad, when you refuse to hear his message or heed his warning you are closing your only door of escape. When you cut yourself off from him, you cut yourself off from your only way out of the divine disaster that is fast approaching White America.”
Malcom rejected Elijah Muhammad and, as he put it, closed his only door of escape.
My point is that the Nation of Islam is no joke. They have been very clear that they want this country to be destroyed. They have also been very clear that they hate white America which by the way still account for 74% of the US population. Malcom X made it as clear as ever (before he left NOI) when he said “…even those Americans who are blinded by childlike patriotism can see that it is only a matter of time before White America too will be utterly destroyed by her own sins, and all traces of her former glory will be removed from this planet forever.”
Louis Farrakhan is the acting head of the Nation of Islam (based in Chicago) as the National Representative of Elijah Muhammad. We all know about Jeremiah Wright’s affinity to Farrakhan having traveled to Libya with him to visit Muslim leader Muammar al-Gaddaffi. Not to mention Wright’s Trumpet Magazine giving its 2007 Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter award to Farrakhan - a man it said “truly epitomized greatness.” We also know about Farrakhan throwing his support behind Barack Obama. Of course Barack had to denounce Farrakhan’s support for political expediency. Farrakhan actually came out with an official statement on the NOI website in response to Barack’s denouncement. He said “those who have been supporting Sen. Barack Obama should not allow what was said during the Feb. 26 presidential debate to lessen their support for his campaign. This is simply mischief making [by the media] intended to hurt Mr. Obama politically.” That’s convenient…
James Cone is a mentor of Jeremiah Write and one of the architects of Black Liberation Theology. Jeremiah Wright is listed as one of the North American Leaders of the Black Liberation Theology movement and has a number of Cone’s books available for purchase on his church website. Wright also makes it clear on the Trinity Church website that “The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.” Don’t miss this…here is how James Cone defines Black Theology…“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community … Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.” Are you kidding me?!?!
Having thoroughly laid the foundation, I don’t think anybody would argue with my allegation that Jeremiah Wright is an NOI sympathizer and a supporter of black liberation theology along with white-haters like James Cone. Wright didn’t see 9-11 as a national tragedy - he saw 9-11 as just recompense for our actions; just as Malcom X saw the Kennedy assassination.
My question has never been whether or not Barack Obama is a Muslim. My question has been simply whether or not Barack is a sympathizer of people like Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan and James Cone. Barack thoroughly answered my question during his speech yesterday when he addressed Wright’s anti-Americanism by saying…“but the truth is, that isn’t all that I know of the man. The man I met more than twenty years ago is a man who helped introduce me to my Christian faith, a man who spoke to me about our obligations to love one another; to care for the sick and lift up the poor” he went on to say “I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community.” Can this guy be our president?"
[Editor: In other words, I agree with him. I accept him and his ideas! How can you NOT DISOWN someone who...
- thought 9/11 was justified [he should have to stand in front of the close relatives of over 3000 people and tell them directly!!]
- thinks the U.S. government is spreading aids in Africa to kill all the black people they can
- believes in this kind of nonsense, "If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him." [which section of Christianity from the Bible advocates that???]
- "The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community" [Can you imagine killing historical Christianity? If you are going to kill somebody, then you obviously do not agree with the 'God' or his followers! And the ONLY way you can kill God, is to eliminate his precepts, teachings and influence! In turn, that means that you have left Christianity! And yet the church still hypocritically bears the name "Christian' church, falsely! If some want a follower and friend of this man as president then there are many more stupid people than I ever thought existed in the United States of America!!! That is somewhat akin to publicly admitting that you will not disown the mafia BECAUSE YOU ARE ITALIAN! How many Italians that you know would do that??? If Obama became President then USA has become a nation of sadists and masochists. God help us all! And I am NOT American. ]
- "Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy." [Really? Sounds like great material to be president of lower slobovia!]
- "which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal." - [Wow let's ask Osama not Obama to be president!!!]
- "Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." [Rejecting the love of God means rejecting God! Self-admitted rejection of Christianity by individuals means they are NOT CHRISTIAN, so why do they keep the name "Christian"? ONLY ONE REASON! To fake out the simple and easily confused, to deceive the multitudes who believe that if someone says "I am superman!" You should simply BELIEVE HIM! The same people who purchase tickets to fly "Superman Airlines" to Never-Never-Land.]
Excerpted from http://www.intelligentconservatism.com/?p=32 except for my comments in [ ].